The Leadership Exchange: Real Conversations with Leaders Making a Difference
A speaker series from the Do Good Institute featuring exciting and innovative nonprofit and social impact leaders sharing their diverse perspectives on a range of nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic sector challenges and important leadership lessons.
Taking place on a monthly basis during the fall and spring semesters, join us on the second Thursday of the month to learn from leaders who are creating change and lasting impact, now.
Each Thursday conversation begins at 12pm with a 30 minute interview. After the formal interview concludes, we'll open up the conversation for informal networking and the opportunity to ask your pressing questions.
Fall Schedule coming soon!
- Equitable Community Building and the Obama Foundation | Michael Smith, My Brothers Keeper Alliance at the Obama Foundation
- Philanthropy in Communities of Color | Tyrone Freeman, author, Madam C.J. Walker's Gospel of Giving: Black Women's Philanthropy During Jim Crow
- Transformative Volunteer Engagement and Experiences | Natalye Paquin, Points of Light
- Building Effective Philanthropic Partnerships | Jennifer Chavez Rubio, Senior Program Officer, Philanthropic Partnerships, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Community-First Crisis Response | Tonia Wellons, Greater Washington Community Foundation
- Accelerating Impact Through Partnerships | Dori Kreiger, CTIA Wireless Foundation
- Amplifying Black-Led Organizations and Impact | The Baltimore Legacy Builders Collective
- Reaching Audacious Goals | Chike Aguh, Head of Economic Mobility Pathways at Education Design Lab
- Career Success Fueled by Passion for a Cause | Deb Temkin, Ph.D., Vice President for Youth Development and Education Research at Child Trend
- How to Rise With the Tide | Ebonie Johnson Cooper, founder, Young, Black, and Giving Back Institute
- Building an Organization With Social Capital | Jeff Franco, CEO of Camino Consulting Group; former Executive Director of City Year
- Leading Effectively From the Front, the Middle, or the Back | Michelle Gilliard, Director of US Education and Workforce at FHI360
- The Difference that a Great Board Member Can Make | Rachel Kronowitz, Founding Partner at Gilbert LLP law practice and member of several important DC nonprofit boards of directors
- Maximize the Value of Volunteer Talent | Shannon Maynard, Executive Director of the Congressional Hunger Center
- The Risks of Not Speaking Up | Terri Freeman, President of the National Civil Rights Museum
- Businesses Want to Be Socially Responsible | Kate Carney, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility at TIAA
- Setting the Table for Partnership Success | Dirk Butler, Vice President for Community Impact and Engagement at the United Way of the National Capital Area